Bollywood actor, Salman Khan, turns 50 on 27 December. Along with Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan, Salman will also be celebrating his golden jubilee this year.
It seems the year 2015 has been a lucky year for the actor. Both of his films – "Bajrangi Bhaijaan" and Prem Ratan Dhan Payo" – turned out to be blockbusters. He became the only actor who crossed the Rs 500 crore mark in a year.
Apart from hosting the controversial television show, "Bigg Boss 9", the actor is also busy in shooting for his upcoming flick "Sultan". Produced by Yash Raj Films, Salman will be playing the character of a wrestler from Haryana in this flick.
Reportedly, the actor is on a break from the shoot and will resume shooting after his birthday. Meanwhile, let's take a look at some lesser known facts about the birthday boy.
- Salman Khan is one of the few actors, who made it to People magazine's list for being one of the most handsome men ever in the world.
- There is a restaurant in Mumbai opened by Salman Khan fans dedicated to the superstar, named as "Bhaijaanz". It has all of Salman's favourite dishes on the menu.
- Salman doesn't have an email id on his name, he chooses to avoid communicating through email. When asked about it, he said that he has never felt the need to have an email id as he prefers picking up the phone and telling the person concerned what he has to say.
- The superstar Khan was not the first choice for Sooraj Barjatya's film "Maine Pyaar Kiya". There were several newcomers who auditioned for the role, including Yusuk Khan's son Faraaz. He was almost finalised for the film but fell sick at the last moment. The role was then offered to Salman.
- Salman was a swimming champion at school and was even encouraged to represent India.
- The actor made his debut with playback singing for the film "Hello Brother." Recently, he crooned "Main Hoon Hero Tera" for the film "Hero" and garnered immense appreciation from all quarters.
- Salman suffers from trigeminal neuralgia, a facial nerve disorder, also known as the suicide disease.