Ryan Lewis will celebrate his 28th birthday Friday, March 25, 2016. While you might know him just as one half of the Macklemore & Ryan Lewis band, Lewis is way more than that. The American DJ, producer, video director and graphic designer has been producing music professionally for the last 10 years.
On his birthday we decided to compile a list of some interesting facts and best songs by this American DJ and musician.
- Lewis' first home was in a small town called Puyallup, Washington. He was two when his family moved to Spokane.
- Lewis' first band was called One Example, and he started it in the sixth grade. His next band, called Schema, was a scream metal band. He played guitar and wrote the songs.
- Lewis moved to Seattle with his family at the start of his junior year of high school, and he wasn't happy about this transfer. He wanted to get out of there as soon as possible and so, he took up summer classes. He graduated in 2005, a year earlier than he should ideally have.
- Apart from being a DJ and producer, Lewis is also a photographer. He started out as Macklemore's photographer in 2006 and the two's friendship and partnership began from there.
- Macklemore was caught up in drug addiction before he met Lewis. After Lewis, came into his life, he helped Macklemore stay sober.
- When he was 12, Lewis taught himself to code and he coded websites. His first site was a message board he designed for his middle school where all of his classmates would go to gossip.
- He played high school football.
- Before the success of "Thrift Shop," both Lewis and Macklemore lived at home.
Here's the list of the best Macklemore & Ryan Lewis songs to groove to on his birthday.
- Can't Hold us
- Thrift Shop
- White Walls
- Growing Up
- Dance Off
- Let's Eat
- Need To Know
- Light Tunnels