At mosques and shrines across Iraq, millions of Shiites, Iraqis and foreigners, commemorated the slaying of Prophet Mohammads grandson Hussein at the battle of Kerbala in 680 AD, an event that defines Shiism and its rift with Sunni Islam. Loudspeakers blared Ashura chants across the city of Kerbala, where hundreds of thousands of pilgrims dressed in black gathered outside the golden-domed Imam Hussein shrine.
Oct 24, 2015
Protesters form roadblock to raise awareness about Sikh deaths in India.
Oct 22, 2015
- Raj Babbar steps down as UP Congress chief, say party sources
- VK Sasikala's husband Natarajan dead: His early life and rise to power
- Woman attacked with acid, 'possessive' female colleague under scanner
- Teen dies after mobile phone explodes while charging
- Chhota Rajan's brother Deepak Nikalje booked for raping woman multiple times