Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh and former Jammu & Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah surprised the audience in an award function, which was held Tuesday, 2 February. Abdullah, who presented Entertainer of the Year Award to Ranveer, danced to "Bajirao Mastani" song "Malhari".
The duo shook a leg on stage until NDTV Indian of The Year 2016 Awards host Barkha Dutt interrupted them. "I have to stop the party, guys," she said. Seeing the former J&K chief minister dance with full energy was a surprise as well as a visual treat to the audience.
On the other hand, the award ceremony didn't have just one highlight. Ranveer sang for his rumoured girlfriend Deepika Padukone when she received the Actor of the Year Award. He hummed the song "Deewani Mastani" from their film "Bajirao Mastani".
Amitabh Bachchan presented the award to Deepika, who seemed really happy when her beau praised her talent and crooned for her. The actress received the award for the brilliant performance she delivered in her two movies – "Piku" and "Bajirao Mastani" – last year.
While Ranveer and Abdullah's dance video has gone viral on social media, the "Dil Dhadakne Do" actor and Deepika's clip has also been liked by many. Watch both the videos below:
Meanwhile, Ranveer will be seen in Aditya Chopra's "Befikre" alongside Vaani Kapoor, and Deepika is currently preparing for her Hollywood debut in "xXx: The Return of Xander Cage" opposite Vin Diesel. The actress has not signed any Bollywood projects yet.
Here is the winners' list:
- Transformational Leader of the Year Award: Arundhati Bhattacharya, First woman Chairperson of the State Bank of India.
- Business Leader of the Year Award: Dilip Shanghavi, Sun Pharmaceuticals founder.
- Sportsperson of the Year Award: Tennis Champ Sania Mirza and Badminton player Saina Nehwal.
- Outstanding Service to the National Award: Actor Siddharth along with IAS officer Amudha, Gajalakshmi, Gagandeep Singh Bedi and young boys Ashok, Arjun Murugan, Arjun Raman.
- NDTV Indian Actor of the Year Award (Female): Bollywood Actress Deepika Padukone.
- NDTV Indian Actor of the Year Award (Male): Bollywood Actor Irrfan Khan.
- NDTV Indian Entertainer of the Year Award: Bollywood Actor Ranveer Singh.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bollywood Actor Amitabh Bachchan and Cricketer Saurav Ganguly.
- Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Srikanth Bolla, CEO of Hyderabad-based Industries.
- Real Tiger Award: Belinda Wright and Valmik Thapar.
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Art Entrepreneur Neha Kirpal.
- NDTV Global Indian of the Year Award: Satya Nadella of Microsoft.
- NDTV Indian of the Year against All Odds Award: 15-year old cricketer Pranav Dhanawade.
- Three senior officials were awarded for their outstanding service during the Tamil Nadu floods.
- Indian of the Year Award: Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal, Snapdeal co-founder Kunal Bahl, Paytm founder Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Quikr founder Pranay Chulet, Zomato founders Deepinder Goyal and Pankaj Chaddah, and Inmobi co-founder Abhay Singhal.