Rainbow Six Siege, the latest FPS video game from Ubisoft that allows players to control a soldier from the fictional counter-terrorist unit, has had a buggy launch.
Several players have complained of issues that they have faced on the official forum and on Twitter. Ubisoft on its part has assured players that it has taken control of the situation and has been working on the issues that have come to its notice.
Rainbow Six Siege pays a great deal of importance to "destruction" experience with the game that is now available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One featuring procedural destruction system and the in-game environments having layered material system. These will give the player an opportunity to make use of "tactical advantages".
'Terrorist Hunt' is the co-op mode that is featured in the game allowing players to either be the attackers or the defenders who have to battle enemies that are AI controlled.
Most of the recent set of video games have had launch day issues and Rainbow Six Siege has not escaped it either. Ubisoft is aware of the issues and has tried to resolve the issues. One such issue that is confirmed to have been resolved is matchmaking issue on Xbox One.
Below are some of the known issues that Ubisoft revealed in its official forum:
Connectivity and Installation issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- [Multiplayer] Connection Problem / 0-0x0000060X [Reported] - Connection error.
- [Multiplayer] Connection Problem / Ranked Penalty [Reported] - An error message is received by the user after trying to rejoin a ranked match while having a penalty for leaving it.
- [Multiplayer] Connection Problem / Ranked Penalty / No Prompt [Reported] - Some users may not be prompted to reconnect to a PvP Ranked match upon restarting the game client.
- [PC] [Installation] Steam / Pre-load [Workaround] - Players who pre-loaded the game on Steam being asked to re-install the game. In order to fix this issue you will need to move the game files to another folder, delete the local content in your Steam folder and then move the game files that you copied back. This should allow Steam to recognize the game files and you shouldn't be prompted to re-download the game.
- [Multiplayer] Connection Problem / Multiplayer Unavailable [Resolved] - Some users are only able to play situations. This occurs when the game is launched before the download/installation is complete. It will complete in the background, and once that occurs, you will be able to play multiplayer matches.
- [PC] [Installation] Physical Copy / Uplay Downloads Full Game [Workaround] - Users who purchased a physical copy of the game are still being asked to download the complete game by the Uplay client. This is not intended behavior. We are working to correct the issue, but in the mean time we have a workaround for you here.
Online and Multiplayer issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Squad Invite [Reported] â€“ Only the squad leader can invite players to the squad.
- Missing Lobby Timer [Reported] - No timer is present during the lobby screen.
- Long Matchmaking Times / Incomplete Teams [Workaround] - After playing a match, if you find yourself in an incomplete team that does not fill for more than two minutes, please go back to the main menu and queue again for multiplayer.
- Squad Being Split into Different Teams [Reported] - We are aware of the issue and are investigating.
- Error on Creating Squad [Workaround] - Some users encounter error 2-0x00000048 when sending a friend request followed by a game invite. If the impacted users exits the squad, cancels the request, and restarts the game, this may solve the issue.
Performance issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- [PC] Graphics / AMD [Workaround] - Make sure to update your AMD driver to 15.11
- [PC] NVidia FPS Drops and Inability to Start Game [Workaround] - Some users are reporting abnormally low FPS, and an inability to start the game with some NVidia + Windows 10 configurations. We are currently investigating the root cause. In the meantime, some users have reported a positive outcome by setting the CPU clock speed to default in the bios, and restarting their system.
Bugs and glitches on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- Electrocute Hostage [Reported] - If an attacker drops the hostage in electrified barbed wire/reinforced walls and dies, the attackers will win.
- Invisible Weapon / Tachanka [Reported] - We are currently attempting to collect more information regarding this bug. If you experience this error, please let us know if the weapon still functions properly even though it is invisible, or if your Operator acts as if they do not have a weapon drawn at all.
- Shield Reload [Reported] - Shield Operators don't have their guard break (lower their shield) when reloading.
- Drone Cam Locked / Prep Phase [Reported] - Some users are reporting at they cannot switch cameras during the prep phase when their drone gets destroyed.
- Missing Purchase Item [Reported] - Some players have reported that they did not receive a purchased weapon skin, or were asked to purchase it again when applying it to their weapon. Please wait a few minutes as there is sometimes a delay in your purchased item being applied to your account.
- Loadout Reset [Reported] - Upon logging in, some players will see that their Operator loadout and Options settings have been reset. You will not need to repurchase any attachments, you will only need to reapply them to your weapon.
- [PC] Glaz Scope [Workaround] - Some users report the red dot sight on Glaz's rifle is hindering their view due to the brightness of the red dot. This occurs due to "bloom" and "bloom + flare" lens effect options. To correct this, disable the "lens effect" option.[/URL]
- Getting stuck on loading screen with character silhouettes [Workaround] - Some users report that they're getting to the team presentation screen (silhouettes screen) without being able to select an operator. This is currently being investigated and a workaround is available for PC users that encounter this issue can bypass it by pressing ALT + Enter and then escape.
- Push to talk activated but still talking in game [Workaround] - We have received reports of the push to talk feature not working as intended on PC. Even though the user has push to talk active, he/she will still be heard in the game, even though no button was pressed. A workaround is available if you switch the voice chat record mode to open, apply the setting, then switch it back to push to talk.
- Drone Falls Through Map [Reported] - We are aware that, at times, the drone will fall through the map. We are investigating the cause.
- Sound Looping [Reported] - Users will experiencing a sound loop when they exit the after action report screen while the XP/Renown is being tallied.
- Player Stuck When Turret is Destroyed [Reported] - Players have reported that, if they are using the Tachanka's Turret and it gets destroyed while they are still operating it, they will be stuck in place. This can also lead to not being able to see your primary weapon. We are investigating.
- Stuck After Rappel [Workaround] - Players have noticed that they sometimes become stuck on things such as metal railings after they rappel over them. Entering a prone stance, moving slightly forward, and then resuming your standing position corrects this.
- Stuck At Spawn [Workaround] - Defenders will sometimes be stuck in place when they spawn. Entering a prone stance, moving slightly forward, and then resuming your standing position corrects this.
- Falling Through Floor in DBNO State [Reported] - Players report that after being revived from a DBNO state that they fall out of bounds or clip through textures. We are investigating.
- Renown Display Error [Reported] - Renown breakdown not displayed at the end of terrorist hunt, but the accurate total is displayed. This is a UI-only issue. Renown is granted properly in your profile.
- No Renown Awarded [Reported] - In some instances, renown and experience is not awarded at the end of a match. We are investigating.
General issues on PC, PS4 and Xbox One
- [General] No Access / Underage [Reported] - Players below the age of 18 will not be permitted to access the game.
- [Gameplay] Cannot Mute Teammates [Resolved] - Open the scoreboard and navigate to the player you wish to mute. At that point, select their name and then click on mute.
- [Gameplay] Unable to Access Uplay Overlay While Using OBS [Reported] - For players who are attempting to join a squad while running OBS, you cannot access the Uplay in-game overlay. Temporary solution is to set your squad to Open so that invites are not required. We are working on a permanent solution at this time.
- [PS4] [Activation] 72 Hour Booster / Season Pass [Reported] - Players from the European and Asian regions are receiving an "invalid code" message when attempting to redeem their booster code. We are working on getting this issue corrected quickly and will update you when it is working!
- [PS4, Xbox One] [Activation] Unable to Redeem Season Pass Code [Reported] - Players are currently receiving an "invalid code" error when attempting to redeem their Season Pass code. We are aware of the issue and working to rectify the situation.