A statement by Kensington Palace seeks to put to rest rumours that Prince William was unhappy with the statement Prince Harry had issued a few weeks ago, confirming his relationship with actress Meghan Markle. "The Duke of Cambridge absolutely understands the situation concerning privacy and supports the need for Prince Harry to support those closest to him," the statement read.
The recent statement on the matter was issued after reports claimed that Prince William was displeased with his younger brother. The Kensington Palace issued a statement earlier this month confirming the 32-year-old Harry's relationship with Suits actress Markle, and asking people to respect their privacy.
However, Prince William was said to be unhappy with the disclosure about Prince Harry's relationship with the 35-year-old American actress. "He thinks Harry made a mistake in confirming the relationship and releasing such an emotional statement so soon [into it]," a source was quoted as saying by Daily Mail.
However, it has now emerged that there was no discord between the two brothers. "They don't issue statements like that without talking to each other, and they talked about the Meghan Markle statement extensively in advance of it being put out," a source close to the royal family told The Telegraph. "There is just no way Prince Harry would have put that statement out if William had disapproved," another source said to the publication.
Meanwhile, Prince Harry was seen spending the weekend at Vermont Village in Saint Vincent. He stopped by the area on Saturday during his two-week Caribbean tour. Markle, on the other hand, recently wrapped up her shoot for the TV series Suits, Season 6, and was spotted spending the weekend with Quantico actress Priyanka Chopra. The two actresses posted pictures of them bonding on Instagram.