President Obama’s administration has declared 35 Russian diplomats persona non grata and given them 72 hours to leave the country for alleged interference in the presidential election. The retaliatory measures also include shutting down two Russian compounds in Maryland and New York. The measures are a new low in US-Russian relations, but President-elect Donald Trump, who takes office on 20 January, has called for better relations with Russia. It was not clear if he will be able to immediately overturn the measures announced.
Dec 30, 2016
UP Assembly Elections 2017: Father-son feud widens as Akhilesh releases separate list of 235 candidates hours after Mulayam releases his
UP Assembly elections 2017: Feud between SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and CM Akhilesh Yadav may help one party the most
News Roundup: India could still be in NSG, doubts over Jayalalithaa's death, Pink welcomes second baby, and more
US Secretary of State John Kerry laid out his plans for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on 28 December. In a speech just weeks before the Obama administration hands over power to President-elect Donald Trump, Kerry gave a strong speech criticising both Palestine and Israel in the conflict, especially Israels settlement expansion policy. The US Secretary of State also defended the decision to allow for the passage of a U.N. resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlements.
Dec 29, 2016
- Modi giving a cold shoulder to Canadian PM Justin Trudeau, but seems eager to meet Donald Trump Jr
- Doctors slam Emirates airline after flight crew kick out a British woman who complained of period pains
- Doctors puzzled as Indian man bites off snake's head and chews it in 'revenge'
- Kamal Haasan party launch live updates: Actor leaves for Madurai after paying tributes to late Dr Abdul Kamal [PHOTOS]
- Woman spotted drying underwear in packed jet by waving it close to the overhead air vent [Video]