Jeremy Corbyn launched Labours election campaign on Tuesday (9 May) with a speech aimed at the partys core voters. He criticised the Conservatives for being part of a system which he said was skewed towards the wealthy and those who want to hijack Brexit whilst paying less tax. Labour is under attack because we are standing up to the elites, he told the rally audience in Manchester, northern England. Pollster ICM said on Monday (9 May) that the Conservative Partys lead was the biggest on record on record for any British election survey it had conducted and commentators, including some senior Labour figures, say Corbyn is to blame for the partys growing unpopularity.Corbyn, a socialist who has pledged higher taxes on the wealthy and a crackdown on powerful corporations, fought off a challenge to his leadership last September, only a year after he was first elected to the position with many of his own lawmakers doubting his appeal to the wider electorate.
May 10, 2017
A group of environmental activists marched into the Trump International Hotel in Washington on 9 May to kick off a day-long environmental protest by sounding a climate alarm in the hotels lobby. The protest, called Wake Up Trump Hotel to the Climate Crisis was organized by the Peoples Climate Movement, to rally against President Donald Trumps expected decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement.
May 10, 2017
Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said he told President Trump he was making a big mistake in firing FBI Director James Comey. The senator said that the investigation into Russias meddling in the 2016 election should be as far away as possible from the White House.
May 10, 2017
Delhi Assembly special session: Here's why 'EVM-tampering' demonstration by Saurabh Bharadwaj may be a sham
France presidential elections 2017: What Rahul Gandhis & Arvind Kejriwals can learn from Emmanuel Macron
Kapil Mishra threatens to go on hunger strike from Wednesday if AAP leaders don't release details of foreign trips
Corbyn promised to end the parking charges in NHS hospitals across the UK on 8 May, calling them a charge on sickness.
May 8, 2017
- 6 captains to miss IPL 2018 opening ceremony, reason revealed
- Undertaker in good shape for WrestleMania 34 showdown against John Cena: Prichard
- Fatal crash video suggests Uber's self-driving car lacks proper radar system
- WWE: Daniel Bryan-Shane McMahon to face Kevin Owens-Sami Zayn at WrestleMania 34
- Woman attacked with acid, 'possessive' female colleague under scanner
- BrahMos supersonic cruise missile successfully tested with Indian-made seeker
- Pakistani TV show darkens fair-skinned models to prove 'black is beautiful'
- India's 'stern warning' to Facebook, other social media: Influencing elections not tolerated
- WhatsApp message claiming Delhi will be hit by 9.1-magnitude earthquake is fake