Jeremy Corbyn launched Labours election campaign on Tuesday (9 May) with a speech aimed at the partys core voters. He criticised the Conservatives for being part of a system which he said was skewed towards the wealthy and those who want to hijack Brexit whilst paying less tax. Labour is under attack because we are standing up to the elites, he told the rally audience in Manchester, northern England. Pollster ICM said on Monday (9 May) that the Conservative Partys lead was the biggest on record on record for any British election survey it had conducted and commentators, including some senior Labour figures, say Corbyn is to blame for the partys growing unpopularity.Corbyn, a socialist who has pledged higher taxes on the wealthy and a crackdown on powerful corporations, fought off a challenge to his leadership last September, only a year after he was first elected to the position with many of his own lawmakers doubting his appeal to the wider electorate.
May 10, 2017
A group of environmental activists marched into the Trump International Hotel in Washington on 9 May to kick off a day-long environmental protest by sounding a climate alarm in the hotels lobby. The protest, called Wake Up Trump Hotel to the Climate Crisis was organized by the Peoples Climate Movement, to rally against President Donald Trumps expected decision to withdraw from the Paris Climate Agreement.
May 10, 2017
Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer said he told President Trump he was making a big mistake in firing FBI Director James Comey. The senator said that the investigation into Russias meddling in the 2016 election should be as far away as possible from the White House.
May 10, 2017
Delhi Assembly special session: Here's why 'EVM-tampering' demonstration by Saurabh Bharadwaj may be a sham
France presidential elections 2017: What Rahul Gandhis & Arvind Kejriwals can learn from Emmanuel Macron
Kapil Mishra threatens to go on hunger strike from Wednesday if AAP leaders don't release details of foreign trips
Corbyn promised to end the parking charges in NHS hospitals across the UK on 8 May, calling them a charge on sickness.
May 8, 2017
- Horrific footage of 12-old-girl being mugged for her phone by man
- 2018 Winter Olympics: Gabriella Papadakis creates personal ice dancing record at PyeongChang
- Man arrested after starting fire on Chicago train
- World's first hatching video of Dumbo octopus: Unlike others, this cute creature is born with fully-formed body
- Doctors puzzled as Indian man bites off snake's head and chews it in 'revenge'
- Indian pilot allegedly threatened to crash plane after passengers filmed him reporting late
- Oli's India snub: Revives dam project with China, to review Nepali recruitment in Indian army
- Who is Ami Modi? Things to know about the wife of diamond merchant and jeweler Nirav Modi
- 2 men, accused of rape and murder, dragged out of police station, lynched in Arunachal Pradesh