"PES 2017," the upcoming simulation video game from Konami, has added Argentina's Club Atletico River Plate to its official partnership ranks, where it already has the likes of Liverpool, Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund.
The club has won 13 international titles, including two South American club football tournaments, since its inception in 1901. It has also won the Argentine domestic league 36 times, which is the highest in Argentina.
The agreement will allow "PES 2017" to officially include the club's uniform and the team's home stadium -- Estadio Monumental Antonio Vespucio Liberti (also known as " El Monumental ").
"PES has been home to some of the most heralded football franchises in the world so we are excited to partner with KONAMI. We look forward to working closely with them to extend our team's unique playing style and abilities to a wider audience," said a statement from the club.
Konami also released a new video showcasing about 30 Argentinean clubs in "PES 2017."
In other news, a demo version of "PES 2017" has already been released to PS4 and Xbox One consoles. PC users will not be getting a demo version.
Players will be able to experience the following features in the gameplay:
- Real Touch – Players control the ball in unique ways based on where and how you control them
- Authentic Visuals – Player models, lighting, crowds, pitch and stadiums totally revamped
- Adaptive AI – For the first time in a football game, the AI will learn how you play and adapt accordingly
- Natural Player Movement – Hundreds of new animations have been added to bring the players to life
- Goalkeepers – Keepers see a great jump in their quality, through added motions and animations
Here is the updated stadium list:
- Camp Nou
- Giuseppe Meazza
- San Siro
- Stadio Olimpico
- St. Jakob-Park
- Saitama Stadium 2002
- El Monumental
- Estadio Alberto J. Armando
"PES 2017" is expected to be released on Sept. 13 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.