Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2015 from publishers Konami has promised that the upcoming soccer (called Football by the rest of the world) simulation video game will be a "totally changed" franchise and fans can "expect big things." This assurance comes from none other than Shinji Hirano, president of Konami Europe.
The Pitch is Ours
PES 2015 will be revolving around the nucleus of "the pitch is ours." Konami has also confirmed that the game will be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
It has said that the game will be bringing "new levels" of on-field realism and will be catering to the "needs of the European people" too.
(YouTube Courtesy: officialpes)
18 Features of PES 2015
Konami has said that this new iteration will, "return to core PES values of total control, super responsive controls and renowned gameplay, where the user has unrestricted control over how they play."
It has also revealed that the game will be featuring Master League Online modes offering optional microtransactions. This will be a first for the franchise. Below are some of the features of the new game (CVG):
1. New Shooting System: Players will have the option to choose from a range of shooting styles that will give control over a) Ball's direction and b) Power of the strike. It will offer more attacking options and goalkeepers will be able to close the angles (intuitively). They will also be able to change their center of gravity and react to different situations.
2. 1 on 1: There will be improved ability to dribble and beat the marker with proper positioning. It has also worked to the degree of close control on offer.
3. Improved Response Times: As the game is having faster controls, players will be able to react quicker when they have the ball on their feet.
4. Final Pass: The passing options have not only been expanded, but will provide players with realistic ball behavior like the knock-ons or low passes. This has been achieved by the introduction of new physics into the game.
5. Close Control: The game will bring greater dribbling control. It will add skills inclusive of jinking runs, responsive sprints and varying pace of dribbling from walking to sprinting.
6. Full Pitch AI: The addition of the new FOX Engine will allow the game's AI to cover whatever comes on the pitch, which will result in finding gaps and making runs, marking opponents and so on.
7. FOX Engine Benefits: This will be the first implementation of Kojima Productions' FOX Engine in this franchise. This means that there will be only one source of real-time lighting for all in-game graphical features like players, crowd and stadiums.
8. Behavioral Patterns: There have been more than 1000 players who have been recreated painstakingly, including their animations and the style of play.
9. Improved Defending: Greater controls while defending is assured, now players can decide when to close down, tackle or hold up play. It will be largely the player's action that will result in defence being successful or not.
10. Improved Match Atmosphere: Introduces new enhancements for crowd animations - like the ebb and flow will be greeted with movements that are sensitive to the match's context.
11. Seamless Animations: A real-time calculation of the movements taking into consideration the position of the player and his relation to the ball and its speed, will now be in place.
12. Realistic Abilities: The game will be concentrating on abilities as a player. To play attacking football in the game, the player has to use pace and close control.
13. Balance of Play: There will be an automatic selection of the real-life game plan by the particular team.
14. PES ID comes back: All teams will be playing similar to how they do in real-life. Some of the famous teams will automatically adjust to attacking or defending similar to how they do in real-life.
15. Accurate Player Stats: PES 2015 has introduced realistic player stats after working closely with some of the main community sites. It will offer players a rebuilt parameter system.
16. myClub: Changes in the Master League Online will now see the addition of players and managers using micro-transactions within club dealings. Unhappy players will influence the game to a negative effect. This feature will be extended to offline play.
17. Adaptable Match Environments: Environment adjustments like cutting the grass shorter or watering the grounds can be made to tune the play.
17. Live Updates: All the transfers affected in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian leagues will be updated. This will include player performance data, goal-scoring streak and more. All the stats of the player will get a boost and updates will be applied to all the online modes and are optional with single-player mode.
8 Minute Gameplay Video Crops Up
An off-screen video showcasing PES 2015 has cropped up on the Internet. The video is heavy with commentary (it is not in English). Though not one of the best of footages that can be used for the game analysis, it provides a window to how the game might be.
(YouTube Courtesy: MrLuisin2009)
PES 2015 vs 2014 Graphics Comparison
YouTube user, maremas posted couple of videos that compared the PES 2014 and PES 2015 video games, Gameranx reported. It must be noted that PES 2015 will be the first game from the franchise that will be heading for next-generation consoles and will be running on FOX Engine, which will be powering Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.
(YouTube Courtesy: meremas)
(YouTube Courtesy: meremas)
The game is expected to be released during the winter 2014 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One platforms.