Pathankot terror attack
The bodies of four Pathankot attackers were buried on Wednesday, May 4 2016. Picture: An Indian security personnel stands guard on a building at the Indian Air Force (IAF) base at Pathankot in Punjab, India, Jan. 5, 2016.

Pakistan registered Friday a first information report (FIR) against unnamed people for the terror attack on the Indian air base in Pathankot last month. Some reports also said Pakistani investigators had sought an FIR against Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) chief Masood Azhar. 

Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah called the filing of the FIR "proof of Pakistan's resolve against terrorism," according to The Express Tribune. 

Times Now quoted Pakistani media as saying a special investigation team (SIT) had recommended that an FIR be lodged against Azhar. Indian authorities believe Azhar masterminded the Pathankot terror attack that left seven Indian security personnel dead. 

However, earlier this month, reports had said a joint investigation team formed by Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had found no evidence that Masood Azhar had planned the attack. Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar accused Pakistan of "pretending to sleep" over the Pathankot probe Thursday. 

Dawn reported Friday officials were working on the possibility of a meeting between Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Sharif in Washington next month when they arrive to attend the nuclear summit US President Barack Obama will host March 31 and April 1.

A meeting between the two leaders on the sidelines of the Paris climate summit last year had set the ball rolling for talks between the neighbouring countries, which hit a wall following the Jan. 2 attack on the Pathankot base. 

Also read