Chinese smartphone-maker OnePlus has started rolling out the new OxygenOS update to the 2014 flagship, OnePlus 2.
The new firmware OxygenOS 3.1.0 is not based on the latest Android Nougat. It is an incremental update and brings August security patch, fixes notification glitch, improves battery life and offers a few bug fixes.
As of now, the new update is being released through OTA (Over-The-Air).
How to install OTA update on Android phone:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings
2. Scroll down to "System," and then tap About device.
3. Tap Download updates manually.
4. Tap OK.
5. Tap Start.
6. A restart message will appear, tap OK.
Since the OTA update is being carried out in phases, it will take a few weeks to reach all the corners of the world.
Users can also install the update manually by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System update.
Official change-log of OxygenOS 3.1.0 update:
- Fixed some notification issues
- Improved Doze Mode performance
- Added media sound toggle for alert slider
- Addressed alert slider/silent mode issue
- Implemented August 1 security patches for Android
- Implemented Quadrooter patch
- General bug fixes
In a related development, OnePlus has confirmed the release of the much-awaited 'soft gold' variant of OnePlus 3 in India in the first week of October. It is expected to cost Rs. 27,999, the same as the Grey model.