Earlier in the week, OnePlus while conducting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session on Reddit announced that the company would soon release the long awaited Marshmallow update to the OnePlus X. As promised, the Chinese firm has rolled out the v6.0.1 Marshmallow-based OxygenOS 3.1.2 to the mid-range phone.
Currently, the new firmware has been made available via OTA (Over-The-Air). It brings with it loads of improvements including Android Marshmallow features such as Doze power optimisation, leaner and faster Chrome browser, more intuitive Now on Tap feature, new security feature verified boot system, support for more international dialects, new contextual assistance feature, Google photos and auto back-up from where all apps' user data (less than 25MB) will automatically be stored in Google Drive.
How to install OTA update on Android phone:
1. From the home screen, tap Settings
2. Scroll down to "System," and then tap About device.
3. Tap Download updates manually.
4. Tap OK.
5. Tap Start.
6. A restart message will appear, tap OK.
Since the OTA update is being carried out in phases, it will take a few weeks to reach all the corners of the world.
Users can also install the update manually by going to Settings >> About Phone >> System update.
Official change-log of OxygenOS 3.1.2 update:
- Google Android Marshmallow features
- Launcher upgrades
- New icon packs
- Google search bar UI customisation
- New design of wallpaper picker
- Shelf UX improvements
- Long press boards to rearrange or remove
- General system performance improvement
- Settings changes
- New (native Android) app permissions
- New Alert Slider settings with more customisation options
- New apps
- OnePlus Music Player
- OnePlus Gallery
7. Implemented October Android security patches
8. General bug fixes
In a related development, OnePlus is working to bring Nougat update to the flagship phone OnePlus 3 in coming months.