It was quite expected that the OnePlus Loop VR headset would sell out pretty fast during its first flash sale in India on Friday. The Chinese smartphone-maker's offer to sell the premium virtual reality headset at Re. 1 attracted a lot of attention and buyers stormed at the first chance to grab the VR headset. The product listing on Amazon India showed the Loop VR was 100 percent claimed in a matter of a few seconds and the waitlist was also full in a flash.
OnePlus did not reveal how many units of the Loop VR were sold in the first sale, but those who missed out on Friday can register for the next VR sale on June 7 at noon. Like the first sale, the Loop VR will be available for just Re. 1 (plus shipping charges) exclusively on the Amazon India app.
Flash sales are not entirely new for online shoppers in India. Budget smartphones from companies like Xiaomi, LeEco and Meizu have made consumers familiar with the snappy sales model. When certain deals like the Loop VR for Re. 1 are being offered in a flash sale, the demand for the product naturally goes through the roof.
We have had experience with such flash sales in the past and found some helpful tips that can improve the chances of a successful purchase.
Tips to buy Loop VR in a flash sale:
- The first rule of a flash sale is to register before the sale begins. Registrations are open on Amazon.in and the Amazon mobile app. Registrations done for the June 3 sale are valid for the next sale.
- The Loop VR flash sale is being held only on the Amazon app, so download the app on your smartphones.
- On the day of sale (June 7), launch the Amazon app and log into your account before noon.
- Add the Loop VR headset to the cart when the sale begins. Be sure to be quick as every second counts.
- Check out the product by completing the payment within 15 minutes or the cart will be emptied.
- Join the waitlist in case the product sells out. When a buyer fails to check out in 15 minutes, the Loop VR will be available to customers in the waitlist.
- Waitlisted buyers will be alerted when a Loop VR headset is available.
Why should you buy the Loop VR headset?
Virtual reality is a booming industry, and bigger players are joining the race with great products. While affordability of a VR headset is still a challenge to overcome, there are alternate means to experience VR without breaking the bank. Google Cardboard was a massive hit last year, but companies are now offering a much premium build at a reasonable cost.
OnePlus Loop VR is an absolute steal for Re.1, which is cheaper than the Google Cardboard. The main purpose of selling the VR headset for such a low price is to get users to watch the launch of the OnePlus 3 smartphone. The company upped the ante on virtual reality by offering the world's first global VR shopping experience, where the OnePlus 3 smartphone will be available for purchase during the first two hours of the launch. OnePlus 3 launch can be live-streamed in India via its launch app on June 14 at 10 p.m. local time.