It seems that the much-awaited OnePlus flagship killer smartphone will be the OnePlus 3 Plus and not the OnePlus 4, and the release of the next-gen smartphone is not too far away from now. This development has been hinted at by a well-known technology analyst.
As per a PhoneArena report, that quotes Pan Jiutang and his official social media post (translated), it is imminent that the next-gen OnePlus device would be the OnePlus 3 Plus. Multiple rumour mills earlier had hinted that this device would be the OnePlus 3 Mini (a mid-ranger) and the OnePlus 4 (a high-end device). Now with Pan Jiutang's analysis, the earlier rumours are seemingly dismissed and OnePlus loyalists have a certain degree of clarity regarding the next OnePlus smartphone.
Like the OnePlus 3, the OnePlus 3 Plus is also speculated to be a flagship killer posing intense competition, upon release, to the likes of Samsung, Apple and HTC. However, details about the technical aspects of the OnePlus have not surfaced yet and would be made available in the near future.
At this juncture, the current-gen OnePlus 3 continues its flagship killing spree in prominent markets across the world. This smartphone features key technical specs such as:
- 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 with pixel density of 401 ppi
- Oxygen OS 3.2.4 operating system, based on Google Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC
- 16 MP rear camera
- 8 MP front snapper
- 6 GB RAM
- 64 GB fixed internal storage
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi and USB Type-C connectivity
- 3,000 mAh fixed Lithium-Ion battery.