Kimi Raikkonen
Kimi RaikkonenScuderia Ferrari

Scuderia Ferrari on Friday announced that it has renewed its technical and racing agreement with Kimi Raikkonen. The Finnish driver, along with the teammate Sebastian Vettel, will continue to drive for Ferrari in the 2017 racing season. The announcement comes ahead of the British Grand Prix, which takes place this weekend.

Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has renewed its technical and racing agreement with Kimi Raikkonen. The driver line-up for the 2017 racing season will still consist of the Finnish driver and Sebastian Vettel," said Ferrari in a statement.

The 36-year-old driver, who is preparing for the 100th race with Ferrari, on Thursday said: "This is my 100th race with Ferrari, it doesn't sound like a lot but it's quite a few years. This is the best team in F1, together we won a title in 2007, We had good years and some difficult ones. I'm really happy to be part of Ferrari, the atmosphere is fantastic, we are always pushing each other forward and hopefully we'll get the team back where it belongs." 

It will be Raikkonen's fourth successive season with Ferrari. The Finn rejoined the Ferrari team in 2014. He previously drove for them from 2007 to 2009, winning the drivers' title in 2007.

Raikkonen began his F1 career with Sauber in 2001. He has won 20 Grand Prix so far, out of which nine was with Ferrari. He had also driven for McLaren and Lotus in his career that spreads over 15 years. In his second stint with Ferrari, Kimi scored seven podium finishes. Fernando Alonso was his team mate in Ferrari in 2014, who has been replaced by Sebastian Vettel from 2015 season.

Also read