The hype around Google's upcoming flagship smartphone dubbed as Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is increasing by the day with its release date drawing near. The search giant hasn't revealed much about its new device but several features have been leaked. However, fans of Nexus series may want more from the device.
Google's next-generation smartphone is expected to be unveiled in the 4th quarter of 2014 though the exact date is not known. Vice President of the company, Sundar Pichai had said at the Mobile World Congress 2014 (MWC 2014) that the device would be announced in October. Inferse website went ahead and claimed that Motorola Shamu aka Nexus 6 would be unveiled on 31 October but it's not confirmed yet.
The Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is expected to come with lots of feature upgrades when it is launched this fall but the problem is fans and gadget lovers may still want more.
Here are features fans might want in the upcoming Nexus 6 aka Nexus X:
1) Display: Big screen smartphones are an 'in-thing' today and the overwhelming pre-orders of the recently unveiled iPhone 6 Plus, which has a 5.5-inch screen, is proof enough. The Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is also expected to sport a 5.2-inch display, which is an upgrade from its predecessor's 4.95-inch, but some fans may still want a bigger screen.
2) Design: It is reported that the device may come with a curved LCD display and a lightweight, polycarbonate body. There are also reports that it would be similar to 2nd generation Moto X in appearance, as Motorola is mostly likely to manufacture Google's new device. However, fans will certainly want a design different from other smartphones in the market.
3) Memory: It is not sure whether the new device will come with 2GB RAM seen in Nexus 5 or 3GB RAM with 32GB internal memory. But one thing is for sure, fans will not be happy if the device has memory lesser than 3GB RAM.
4) Camera: According to Antutu benchmark, Google's upcoming smartphone may come with a 13MP rear camera and 2.1MP front snapper with features like autofocus, optical image stabilization, and LED flash. It's a visible upgrade from Nexus 5's 8MP camera but fans may still want a 16MP camera which is seen in Samsung Galaxy S5.
5) MicroSD Support: Google scrapped MicroSD slot after its first product from Nexus line but many see it as a bad move, as the inbuilt memory may not be enough for some.
The Nexus 6 aka Nexus X is expected to sport a 5.2-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 pixels (565 ppi pixel density) screen resolution, run on Android L and have a 3100 mAh Li-Polymer battery. In terms of connectivity, it may have Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and micro-USB connectivity slot. It may also have sensors like accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and barometer.
According to Antutu benchmark listing, the new Nexus handset is expected to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with CPU speed close to 2.5GHz. However, G4Games reported that the device might come with a Quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip that clocked at 1.5GHz, or the octa-core MT6752 SoC running at a frequency of 2.0GHz.