Technology giant Microsoft, which very recently seeded a software update to users of its Lumia 550 and Lumia 650 smartphones, had not published the official changelog of the new firmware. Now, the Redmond-based company has issued a full list of new aspects that users of these handsets can check out for after installation.
A major USP of the new software update is that it brings the double tap to wake functionality to Lumia 650 smartphones, especially to those users who were left out during the first round of seeding of the update offering double tap to wake. This functionality needs to be activated manually within the Settings menu.
Other major features, brought along by the latest Microsoft update are:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements
- Stability and reliability improvements
To check for the new update, Microsoft Lumia users can navigate to Settings > Update and Security > Phone Update > Check for Updates. Version number of the new firmware will be 01078.00042.16352.50xxx.