Apple released an incremental iOS v10.0.3 update to select devices to fix bugs on October 17. It is around 75MB in size and has been made available only to iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models, as they were the only devices facing the cellular connectivity issues.
Other older generation and iPads never faced any such problems after upgrading to the previous v10.0.2 update. The company has urged iPhone 7 and 7 Plus owners to install iOS v10.0.3 on their devices immediately.
How to install latest iOS v10.0.3 update on iPhone 7 series:
Via OTA (Over-The-Air):
- 1. Settings >> General >> Software update
- [Tip: Users' who want to install the update directly on the device via OTA, make sure to clear enough device storage space and also make sure the device has more than 50% battery life, before downloading the new OS firmware]
1. Back up your iPhone or iPad with either iCloud or via iTunes.
2. Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC.
3. Make sure you're on the latest version of iTunes. Go to About and then Check for Updates or visit iTunes.com.
4. Plug in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it isn't already.
5. Click on iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the top left navigation.
6. Click on the Check for Update button in the first section that contains information about your device and alternately you can click restore instead if you'd like to do a clean wipe with updated software.
7. An update should be recognised, click on Download and Update in the popup menu and agree to any terms or conditions.
8. Unlock your device with your passcode if prompted in order to continue with the upgrade.