Need for Speed: Rivals has gotten a new show stopper in the form of the all-new 2015 Ford Mustang as free downloadable content (DLC) which is part of their Holiday Countdown.
The new car is out on the game even before it hits the roads in 2014. The Ford Mustang is also accompanied by five new custom liveries in-game. Four of them were community-created, while the fifth was by RTR founder and Drift champion Vaughn Gittin Jr.
"We worked closely with EA to provide engineering data for the new Mustang, several months before we showed it to the rest world. The computer design models enabled the game developers to create an accurate representation of the new Mustang," said Mark Bentley of Ford in a post on NeedforSpeed website.
The Ford Mustang is a popular pop culture icon and has been used in numerous movies, music videos and TV Shows. It has also been part of the Need for Speed franchise since 2005.
The game has a customized Mustang "hero car" from the upcoming Need for Speed movie. Even the cops in this racing video game get Ford Shelby GT500 Mustang.
Below are the details entailing the new DLC that was released as a part of the title update for Rivals (NeedforSpeed):
- You can also chase down Racers in the Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 as a cop car.
- There's an in-game Ford garage as a Racer hide-out.
- Try to obtain the three Ford driving achievements.
- "Deep Down, You Know You Want To" - Drive for 50 minutes in any Ford car
- "5, 4, 3, 2, Mach 1" - Get 50 seconds of Air time in any Ford car
- "Lcnce N Rgstrtn Pls" - Bust 10 Racers in the Ford Mustang
- Not to mention, you'll have access to five all-new liveries, four of which were community-created on the Mustang Customizer online or on mobile devices. The fifth bonus design was created by RTR founder and Drift champion Vaughn Gittin Jr.
(YouTube Courtesy: NeedForSpeed)
Need for Speed: Rivals gets PC Update 1.03
The Need for Speed: Rivals developer, Ghost Games and its publisher have released a new update for PC version of the game. The new update was launched to fix issues regarding the performance of the game and its frame rates.DSO Gaming reports that the update does not remove the 30fps cap that the game has. Some players still had issues with the low frame rates in certain areas in the game.
This update will be auto-downloaded into the game. Below is the complete PC Update 1.03 patch notes/Changelog (DSO Gaming):
- Additional stability improvements
- Improvements to performance and frame rate
- Improvements around host migration user experience
- Issues around host migration include:
- Improvements to instances where SP is lost after a host migration for a number of speed lists
- Issues with speed list objectives could not be completed after a host migration have been improved.
- Improvements have been made to game stability around host migration.
Need for Speed: Rivals released on PlayStation 4 on 15 November. It later released for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 19 November and for Xbox One on 22 November.