2K's professional basketball simulation video game, NBA 2K16, has been a successful game that has won its fans over. Reports indicate the game received an updated roster from developer Visual Concepts. The roster update is currently live for NBA 2K16 players.
NBA 2K16 was released on 29 September, 2015 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
The new roster update for NBA 2K16 brings the following changes (Operation Sports):
Following the recent roster update, the following players had their attributes lowered:
- D. Rose [-1]
- Brooks [-0]
- G. Hayward [-1]
- O. Russel [-2]
- K. Bryant [-2]
- M. Ellis [-2]
- P. George [-0]
- J. Dudley [-1]
And players who received attribute boosts are:
- N. Mirotic [+1]
- K. Bazemore [+1]
- M. Williams [CHA][+1]
- R. Hood [+2]
- R. Rondo [+1]
- D. Cousins [+0]
- J. Randle [+1]
- G. Harris [+2]
- J. Lauvergne [+3]
- G. Hill [+1]
- M. Morris [DET][+2]
- Drummond [+1]
- Beal [+2]
Notes: Over the past week, many roster updates have been released that included adjustments to Accessories, Shoes, Uniform Team Colours, Starting Lineups, Injuries and Transactions. Most notably, recently signed Toney Douglas [NOP] and Chuck Hayes [HOU] were added to their new teams.
Locker Codes and VC points
Recently, there have been many locker code bonuses that give access to some of the biggest NBA Superstars in NBA 2K16. Here are some of them:
- Michael Jordan - FZV7P-FQ9SU-SRNZZ-9AB27-9ZUUT
- Shaquille O'Neal - GSUM3-ESARX-GXD3T-S3QJQ-FIETU
- Larry Bird - ZG9QQ-VYAVK-I2ZUD-TU2VL-ZFYLQ
- Paul George - WR9KL-6NQ9Z-CWWGF-MVG4C-T3L8P
- Karl Malone - Q1585-CPEWU-HZNWY-WK2EW-V1E4C
- Isaiah Thomas - XFQDT-TMQ6Z-I1TM6-8Q8J5-WNJGQ
- Stephen Curry - NXYJ4-WQCRD-C2DQN-S36GF-TJMZ4
- LeBron James - 9BUQS-QTKDU-ASYJU-3W183-QVXBC
- Carmelo Anthony - AMIB1-95PFL-FD7LB-DQXHX-S7RBT
Below are some of the VC points earners:
- SHOOT2MUCH500 to unlock 500 VC
- #2KTVPOSTSEASON to unlock 1000 VC
- #2KTVMELOGEAR, #AIRCRAFTCARRIER, RA9M5-EQZCF-2EYQQ-IF5AF-UEP51 to unlock random item
- PAYRESPECT to unlock ABA Ball
- OKFORNBA2K, KEEPONPLAYIN, ASMOOTHMOVE to unlock 5000 VC
PC Patch Update
According to a report from Operation Sports, PC version of NBA 2K16 received a new NBA 2K16 patch on 2 November. The file weighed 4.3GB.
Here are the patch notes:
- Support added for custom keyboard configurations.
- Optimization improvements that increase performance across all configurations.
- Addressed an issue where some users would notice commentary cutting out during gameplay.
- Resolved frame rate stuttering at start of games/between quarters on moderate to high-end systems.
- Addressed an issue where some users would see a black screen in the Edit Arena and Edit Uniform menus when 'Special Effects' was turned off.
- New Video Settings option 'Media People Detail Level' added; reducing this will help performance on low-end and mid-range graphics cards.
- Corrected missing/incorrect player icons when using a non-Xbox 360 controller.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when attempting to fast-forward 2KTV.
- Fixed a rare driver crash on DirectX 10.0 and DirectX 10.1 graphics cards.
- Help text added to Video Settings menu.
- Additional detail setting now available for Shader Detail in the Video Settings menu.
- Fixed super sampling not working when Letterbox (formerly called Aspect Ratio Correction) was disabled.
- The following Video Settings options should now provide the expected results when modified: Color Correction, Depth of Field, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Volumetric Effects.
- Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.
- Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).
- Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.
- Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.
- Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.
- Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.
- Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.
- Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.
- Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.
- Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don't have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!
- 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.
- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends' MyCOURTs.
- Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.
- Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.
- Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.
- Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.
- Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.
- Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.
- Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.
- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.
- Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.
Meanwhile, 2K revealed that NBA 2K16 will be getting some exclusive Halloween gear for a limited period. Interested players can check in the MyPlayer store.