2K's latest offering NBA 2K16 has won the hearts of many NBA 2K fans by not only offering them new content and style of gameplay but also giving them a game that is not prone with issues.
This professional basketball simulation video game comes from Visual Concepts, a developer studio, and publisher 2K Sports. 2K tied up with one of Hollywood's most creative minds, Spike Lee, the director, for developing the game.
The game has been praised for its realistic take on basketball and gives players the pleasure of seeing their favourite players in a more real format, thanks to the full body scans. Another feature that has been highlighted about the game is 'better' visuals.
The game will feature current real world teams, 12 new Classic teams and 25 Euroleague teams. NBA 2K16 features MyTeam mode, 2K Pro-Am game mode, MyCareer mode, MyGM mode and MyLeague.
The game also features a collection of 50 songs that was curated by DJ Premier, DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled.
The game released on 29 September, 2015 for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
2K has given some guides in its Support page that will help players play better:
How to dunk in NBA 2K16?
2K revealed that one of the common question gamers asked them was on how to dunk in NBA 2K16. So, it has provided a quick guide:
- Lace up your favorite pair of basketball shoes and grab your controller.
- On Offense, hold down R2 (PS4) or the Right Trigger (Xbox One), then move the Right Stick on the controller. Using the Left Stick, move your player toward the basket.
- This activates your character's turbo sprint and modifies both the shot button (Square on the PS4 or X on the Xbox One) and Shot Stick.
- Tapping the Right Stick will cause you to dribble.
- Holding the Right Stick in any direction initiates a dunk.
- Additionally, attempting a dunk requires a clear path, meaning another character can't be between you and the basket.
- Because there's an exception to every rule, though: Some dunkers do have the ability to dunk over defenders standing close the basket.
NOTE: If you want to make a dunk, you need to have a dunk animation equipped.
- To edit your character's dunk animation, follow these steps:
- In MyCAREER Mode, access the 2K Nav menu from MyCourt
- Select "Player Upgrades"
- Then select "NBA Animations"
- From here, use the bumper/trigger buttons to navigate to "Dunks"
- Select the animation you'd like to equip (you might have to spend VC in order to unlock the animation you want).
- Once you've selected/unlocked the animation, be sure to equip it.
How to redeem Locker Codes?
Guide to redeem Locker Code in Steam:
- Once NBA 2K16 launches - by default - a popup will appear in the bottom-right of the screen. This popup will contain the code for your pre-order content displayed in a window titled "This Steam game requires a special prodcut key shown below."
- Once you are at the Main Menu, select "Features/Options."
- Select "Locker Codes."
- Enter the code that was displayed.