The Movember movement has started. It aims at spreading awareness about cancers that affect men, such as prostate and testicular cancers, along with mental health and suicide prevention.
A multinational charity called Movember Foundation initiated this movement in 2003 and now has over five million supporters worldwide. The foundation revealed that 42,000 men fall prey to these diseases annually and the death rate observed is one man per hour in the UK.
Here are some facts and info about the Movember Foundation and the movement:
- The first law of the movement is: not shaving the moustache throughout November; the first day of the month can be the last day men can get rid of their moustaches.
- Men should grow only moustache to support men's health, no beard allowed.
- It's about fundraising for a noble cause- to stop men from dying at an early age.
- More than 1,200 projects have been funded worldwide by the Movember Foundation.
- The movement's main aim is to reduce the number of premature male deaths by 25 percent by 2030.
If you are supporting this cause by growing a moustache this month, make sure you maintain its cleanliness by using facial hair products.
Also, spread the word regarding the reason behind growing the moustache. Feel free to shave your moustache in December.
Those interested in supporting this cause and help all the men suffering from cancers and mental disorders can make their donations here.