A woman takes a picture in front of a Motorola logo before the worldwide presentation of the Moto G mobile phone in Sao Paulo November 13, 2013.REUTERS/Nacho Doce

The long-rumoured Moto E (Gen 2) snapshots have surfaced online, hinting the official launch might be just around the corner.

Technology blog Android Police has got hold of a picture of the Motorola phone understood to be the Moto E sequel.

In the photo,design language seems to look identical to the new Moto G. But up on closer observation, we see that one speaker-grill is missing on the front (bottom) and on the back-side the camera module has got no LED flash support, which as lead many to believe this to be the rumoured second generation Moto E.

This revelation close on the heels of the report of UK retailer Argos accidently posting the specification details of Moto E (Gen 2); the new phone was listed for £109.95 (around $166/€144/₹10,291) with 4.3-inch qHD (960x540p) display and house quad-core processor, Android 5.0 Lollipop OS, 5.0-megapixel camera, 4G-LTE support and other standard connectivity features.

Despite speculations of Moto E (Gen 2) running wild on the internet, Motorola is still maintaining a stoic silence over the reports.

Rumour has it that the second generation Moto E might debut at the upcoming MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2015, Barcelona (2-5 March).

In a related development, Motorola on Thursday (29 January) in an interview with PTI (Press Trust of India) announced the company sold more than 3 million devices in India by online mode (via Flipkart) and confirmed to set-up around 10 experience stores (including service centres) across India starting in Bengaluru soon and later in other metros this year.

"The strategy is very clear. India will see both Lenovo and Motorola ... Instead of seeing us as competition to each other with a five and a three per cent share, look at us as a combined entity with 8 per cent share competing with the remaining 92% of the market," said Amit Boni Motorola India General Manager when asked on Motorola's future coarse post acquisition by Lenovo.

Last month, Rick Osterloh Motorola Chief (Global operation) in a chat with The Economic Times, said that the company will be aggressive to make it to the top three smartphone makers' chart in India by 2015 end and in that order, it has plans to introduce a value-added affordable 4G phone next year.

[Read more: Motorola to Release Budget 4G Smartphone in 2015 in India]

Going by recent reports, Motorola is expected to release Moto E (Gen 2) initially in India and later in global markets.

Also read