The recently released Mortal Kombat X is quite an upgrade over the previously released Mortal Kombat 9. Not only has the entire gore element of the game been amplified, but it has also been complemented with the introduction of new characters in the roster. And now, another new character, Tanya, is eagerly awaited to join the mix.
Tanya is one of the most-anticipated arrivals in Mortal Kombat X and the female warrior should be arriving with the next Mortal Kombat X 1.06 update as part of the Kombat Pack.
Here's a look at everything she has to offer to the game.
Who is Tanya?
Tanya is one of the fighters from Edenia who was originally introduced as an ostensible innocent, but was later corrupted by evil. For the record, this is the same Edenia, a feudal monarchy, which is ruled by Queen Sindel and her daughter Princess Kitana. The earliest known ruler of Edenia was King Jerrod, Sindel's husband and Kitana's father, and was killed by Shao Kahn.
Tanya is a worshipper of Shinnok and an ally of the Brotherhood of Shadow. She sees herself as a survivor justifying her choices, by tagging them as "right decisions." She has a superior knowledge of magic and diplomacy and is a major rival of Jade, the general of the Edenian Knights.
Tanya is dressed in her standard female 'ninja' leotard, in yellow and black. Unlike the other female ninja characters – Kitana, Mileena and Jade – she does not wear a mask and keeps her hair in a braid.
For the new Mortal Kombat X, Tanya sports shorter hair and maintains her general colour scheme and glowing eyes from Deception. Her clothing is styled in a more ornate fashion, this time around, with a midriff-baring top, gauntlets and an Egyptian menat necklace. Her kobu-jutsu weapon style returns, along with a new weapon – the naginata.
Tanya – Signature Moves
- Human Cannon Drill: Tanya lunges forward, spinning in a cork-screw manner with her flaming feet leading towards her opponent.
- Surging Blast: Tanya sends a blast of fire from her hand at her opponent.
- Air Fire Blast: Tanya jumps into the air and sends a blast of fire at a 45 degree angle towards her opponent.
- Split Flip Kick: Tanya somersaults forwards with a flaming kick directed at her opponent.
- Find Me: Tanya surrounds herself with a flaming haze and becomes invisible.
Tanya – Fatalities
- Kiss of Deceit: Tanya gives her enemy a kiss on the cheek, which makes their limbs, torso and head twist and contort into impossible angles, before they explode.
- Neck Screw: Tanya performs her "breaker" move three times in quick succession.
- Torture Rack: Using her Kobu Jutsu, Tanya slices her enemy's torso, slits his/her throat, and then stabs in the abdomen, allowing to bleed to death, as the enemy sinks to his/her knees.
- Kneebone Knife: Tanya rips out the opponent's thigh bone and stabs in the neck with it. The opponent then coughs until falling down, dead.
- Bloody Boots: TBA
- Edenia Drill: TBA
Stay tuned for more updates!