Here are a few stories from International Business Times India to start your day with:
1. Paul Beatty first US author to win the Man Booker Prize
Paul Beatty on Tuesday became the first author from the United States to win the Man Booker Prize 2016 for his novel The Sellout. Man Booker Prize is the most prestigious award for English-language literature. Beatty won the literary award for his use of satire on racial politics in the US. Read more here.
2. Flipkart CFO Baweja quits as exodus at the top continues
Flipkart Chief Financial Officer Sanjay Baweja has resigned from the company. Baweja will continue to be with the company till December-end. Flipkart has lost ground to Amazon India and has struggled to raise fresh funds, two people familiar with the matter told Mint. Read more here.
3. New Tata directors: Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth and TCS chief N Chandrasekaran appointed Additional Directors on Tata Sons Board
Jaguar Land Rover CEO Ralf Speth and TCS chief N Chandrasekaran have been appointed Additional Directors on Tata Sons Board, according to reports. This takes the Board count to 11 members. Read more here.
4. Samajwadi Party rift: 'I don't give importance to Ram Gopal's statements,' says Mulayam Singh Yadav
Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav addressed a press conference at 2:30 pm on Tuesday at the party office in Lucknow following the sacking of brother Shivpal Yadav and the argument with son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday. Read more here.
5. President gets salary hike: To be raised from Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 5 lakh
After it was revealed that a cabinet secretary gets more salary than the president of India, the Central government has taken the decision of hiking the income of the president, vice-president and governors. Read more here.