New updates for Minecraft have not only been planned, but these will initially start rolling out for Xbox platforms - Xbox One and Xbox 360. As for PlayStation consoles, this update will be rolling out on a later date.
The new update will be adding a whole lot of new items like Stained Clay, Hay Bale, Dropper, Beacon, Horse Armor, Name Tag, Horse Spawn Egg and many more.
Through the update, 4J Studios will also be adding new mobs like Wither, Wither Skeletons, Witches, Bats, Horses, Donkeys and Mules.
New feature includes terrain generation, Beacon interface, Horse interface, Fireworks, new death messages and many more. The update also adds a number of tweaks.
4J Studios has not given the release date of the update for PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Recently, Microsoft made a deal with Mojang to buy the game and the company for $2.5 million.
Below are the full patch notes of the content update 7 for Minecraft (Minecraft Forum):
Changes and Additions:
Added new items
- Hardened Clay
- Stained Clay
- Block of Coal
- Hay Bale
- Activator Rail
- Block of Redstone
- Daylight Sensor
- Minecart with Hopper
- Minecart with TNT
- Redstone Comparator
- Weighted Pressure Plate
- Trapped Chest
- Firework Rocket
- Firework Star
- Nether Star
- Horse Armor
- Name Tag
- Horse Spawn Egg
Added new Mobs
- Wither Skeletons
- Added new terrain generation features - Witch Huts.
- Replaced the Tutorial World with a new world containing some new mini-tutorials for the new functionality.
- Added Beacon interface.
- Added Horse interface.
- Added Hopper interface.
- Added Fireworks - Fireworks interface is accessible from the Crafting Table when you have the ingredients to craft a Firework Star or Firework Rocket.
- Added 'Adventure Mode' - You can only break blocks with the correct tools.
- Added lots of new sounds.
- Mobs, items and projectiles can now pass through portals.
- Repeaters can now be locked by powering their sides with another Repeater.
- Zombies and Skeletons can now spawn with different weapons and armor.
- New death messages.
- Name mobs with a Name Tag, and rename containers to change the title when the menu is open.
- Bonemeal no longer instantly grows everything to full size, and instead randomly grows in stages.
- A Redstone signal describing the contents of Chests, Brewing Stands, Dispensers and Jukeboxes can be detected by placing a Redstone Comparator directly against them.
- Dispensers can face in any direction.
- Eating a Golden Apple gives the player extra "absorption" health for a short period.
- The longer you remain in an area the harder the monsters that spawn in that area will be.
- Language Selector added, and Greek language option added.