Mojang's Minecraft Pocket Edition has released its biggest update for both iOS and Android devices. The newest update - 0.9.0 - will add infinite worlds to the game.
The game will also get new features like new blocks, and items like monster eggs and mushroom blocks. Players will also get wolves, which have crossed from the desktop version of the game. Players will also get mobs like endermen and mooshroom. The game environment will also be decked up with new flowers.
Players will also get biomes like mesas, jungles, swamps and hills - all from the PC version. New places have been added to explore as well. A new "interaction" button, where you will regret punching a sheep, has been added in the game due to the new update.
The update will also fix bugs and will add lakes, vines and monster rooms.
Here are the full patch notes for Minecraft Pocket Edition:
- Infinite worlds
- Loads of new blocks and items including Monster Eggs and huge mushroom blocks.
- Wolves! Tame a loyal companion.
- Loads of new flowers! So pretty.
- New mobs, including the spooky endermen and less spooky Mooshrooms.
- New biomes from the PC version, including mesas, jungles, swamps and extreme hills.
- Abandoned mineshafts, villages, and many other cool places to explore.
- A brand-new "interaction" button. Never accidentally punch a sheep again!
- New feature generation, including lakes, vines and monster rooms.
- Many bugs fixed, and possibly a few added.
Meanwhile, the official websitehas released the total sale numbers of Minecraft. More than 16 million units of Minecraft PC and Mac versions have been sold, said the company. In February the figure was 14 million units in sales, and in April it was 15 million units.
However, Minecraft Pocket Edition has sold 21 million units in April and there has been a sale of 12 million units of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition in February.
In June, the sale of the total units was close to 54 million on all platforms.
Sales of the sandbox game will get further boost when Minecraft will release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PlayStation Vita. The release has been scheduled for August 2014.