Microsoft finally introduced a new Xbox One console calling it Xbox One S at its E3 2016 press conference after months of rumours regarding the possibility of a new console. A day before the official reveal, the images of the Xbox One S were also leaked via NeoGAF forums.
Xbox One, costing $399, would be available by August 2016, said the company.
Microsoft noted that it is offering the "greatest" games lineup for Xbox One S users, who will also be able to play Xbox 360 classics, thanks to Xbox One Backward Compatible feature.
This new Xbox One console is "sleeker, slimmer, sharper" in Microsoft's own words. It features a 2TB storage space and is 40 percent smaller than the current Xbox one.
Xbox One S is currently available for pre-ordering at Microsoft Store.
Here are the full specifications (specs) of Microsoft's Xbox One S:
- 2TB storage space
- Internal power supply
- 40 percent smaller than current Xbox One.
- High Dynamic Range: This feature would enable players to have richer experience as it includes a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, bringing out the true visual depth of your games.
- 4K Ultra HD: This will deliver four times the resolution than that of the standard HD, which will give its users stunning visual fidelity with High Dynamic Range.
- IR Blaster: Users would be able to configure their Xbox One S to switch on TV and other such appliances. It not only makes the actions faster but the users would now not require any remote.
- Xbox Wireless Controller: This new Controller features enhanced comfort and sleeker, streamlined design. It also features textured grip, Xbox Wireless and Bluetooth and has increased range.
- Vertical Console Stand: This allows Xbox One S to position it vertically allowing users to save space.