After weeks of testing under the Windows Insider programme, Microsoft has officially released the Window 10 Mobile update to select Lumia devices.
"We have started rolling out the February cumulative update (10.0.10586.107) for Windows 10 Mobile today. Update availability will start with open market variants and will increase to everyone over the next week as we monitor and ensure quality of the release." Mike Mongeau, Microsoft blog moderator, said Wednesday in a statement.
The new update is currently being made available over the air (OTA) to Lumia 950, Lumia 950 XL and Lumia 550. It brings stability enhancements, improvements in Bluetooth connectivity of devices to car and entertainment accessories and more.
How to upgrade Windows 10 mobile update on Lumia phones (via OTA):
Go to: Settings >> Update & security >> Phone update >> Check for updates
Since the OTA update roll-out process is carried out in phases, it will take a few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
Here's the official change-log:
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements with car and other accessories.
- Microsoft Edge improvements to PDF rendering and navigation.
- Improvements for battery usage with Iris Recognition for Windows Hello.
- Update system improvements to fix a situation where some users had phone software updates and app downloads stuck at 0 percent for extended time periods.
- Change to update system to now require phone to be plugged into a charger when downloading and preparing phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem causing erroneous low storage prompts for some users when trying to download phone software updates.
- Fix for a problem that caused erroneous prompts of Outlook account settings being out of date for some users, although account settings had not been changed.