Home-bred smartphone maker Micromax launched a new phablet, Canvas Mega 2, in India on Wednesday.
As the name suggests, Canvas Mega 2 comes with a massive 6.0-inch qHD IPS screen and is supported by a 3000mAh battery that can keep the phone running for close to 245 hours.
Other stipulated features include 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB inbuilt storage, 8MP primary camera with LED flash and a 5MP front camera.
The new Canvas Mega 2 will be made available in India May 4 onwards for Rs. 7,999.
Micromax's new phablet will be up against the popular Coolpad Note 3, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and the soon-to-be released Meizu M3 Note, among others.
Earlier, Micromax had launched a couple of premium phablets — Canvas 6 and Canvas 6 Pro — in India.
Key features of Micromax Canvas Mega 2:
|Model||Micromax Canvas Mega 2|
|Display||6.0-inch qHD IPS screen with 960x540p resolutions|
|OS||Android 5.1 Lollipop|
|Processor||1.3GHz SC9832 quad-core CPU|
|Storage||8GB, expandable up to 32GB|
|Battery||3000mAh;Talk time: up to 25 hoursStandby time: close to 245 hours|
|Add-ons||Dual-SIM slots, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB v2.0, FM Radio,|
- HTC launches Desire 830 with MediaTek octa-core SoC
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android Marshmallow in India
- Xiaomi Mi Max image surfaces online ahead of launch; key design elements revealed
- OnePlus 3 price details leaked ahead of launch; phone tipped to come in two variants
- New Moto G (4th gen) aka G4 teaser hints at major camera upgrade over Moto G (3rd gen)