Konami's success with its most recent video game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, has been tremendous as the game was an instant hit among its dedicated fans and gamers. Konami is always willing to add more to give its fans something new, and hence, it has announced a new patch update that will be out on 6 October.
The new patch update will see new missions, equipment, improvements and other changes. Konami has revealed the details of the new patch update.
New "Event FOB" missions added
- This will give access to special "Event FOB".
New and improved missions for Combat Deployment (Online)
- The game will now have a paid service where players can have FOB (Forward Operating Base) insurance. This will compensate players when they are attacked and lose materials and staff.
New equipment added
- New weapons and items will be added, namely S1000 AIR-S, HAIL MGR-4, AM MRS-71 Rifle. The players will have access to development projects of Grade 7.
Night vision equipment can now be developed for your Security Team staff
- The players can develop special Night Vision Goggles for security guards that will give them an edge.
Infiltrate without leaving a trace
- The players will be able to infiltrate a rival FOB without the enemy getting the notification.
FOB expansion time reduction now available
- Another paid service this update is bringing is usage of MB coins in order to purchase time reduction and speed up things.
Improvements to on-screen UI elements and point scoring
- The game will see improvements in the way Control and Results menus are displaced.
GMP and materials limits are greatly increased online
- The players can now possess higher amounts of GMP and materials.
- Changes have also been made on PF Rating, and sort functions, new priority option has been added to auto-assigning staff to units. The patch update will also bring balance adjustments and bug fixes.
Bug found causing framing issues
A NeoGAF user, RagingAvatar has claimed he found a 'serious' bug that causes severe input, audio and streaming lag on the Xbox One version of Metal Gear Solid 5.
"Occasionally experiencing severe input, audio and streaming lag - in some instances it even speeds up like it's on fast-forward to get to where it needs to be - as if the game update thread has got severely out of sync with the render thread and the render thread then just skips a bunch of frames when the game update thread stops stalling," he said in the post.
Many other players also have experienced this bug. It will be up to Konami to fix it.
Meanwhile, a report on Gamepur has revealed that Konami has registered the words, "Big Boss", and its description notes this for video games, card games, slot machines and pachinko.