Matt Damon will celebrate his 45th birthday on 8 October, 2015 (Thursday). And with his recent release "The Martian" breaking all records and garnering rave reviews, it looks like the actor has good reasons to have a big bash this year.
On the occasion of his birthday, let's take a walk down memory lane and bring back the times he has shared with his best pal Ben Affleck. We have heard various stories about marriages and relationships in Hollywood, but the story of Matt Damon-Ben Affleck bromance is just too adorable.
Life is incomplete without a true friend and the two actors have proved this by standing by each other through thick and thin of times. On his birthday, we list out some interesting facts about Matt Damon and the "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" actor's friendship:
- Damon and Affleck are close friends since childhood and grew up in houses just two blocks away from each other. The Bostonians are, in fact tenth cousins.
- Matt and Ben used to play "Dungeons & Dragons", video baseball, and short-stop in Little League. They enjoyed watching Godzilla and Kung Fu double features on Saturdays and followed the adventures of "The Super Friends" and "The X-Men" when they were kids.
- Matt first began acting at the age of 10 while attending Rindge & Latin prep school alongside with Ben Affleck.
- Before Damon and Affleck made it big in the industry and became popular, the two of them were so broke that they shared a joint bank account.
- Damon appeared in a PBS mini-series called "The Voyage" of the Mimi alongside Ben Affleck. And was an extra in Ben's "Field of Dreams" in 1989.
- While struggling to get his grip in the acting world, Matt lived with Ben Affleck and his brother Casey. And that's when Damon and Ben decided to write their own script --- "Good Will Hunting."
- Will Hunting's job at MIT in "Good Will Hunting" was inspired by Affleck's father, who was a janitor at Harvard University.
- Damon and Affleck co-founded the production company LivePlanet. And as part of it, they produced the documentary series, "Project Greenlight", which earned three Emmy nominations for an Outstanding Reality Program.
- It was widely reported that Matt gave Ben Affleck and his wife, Jennifer Garner, a cheque for an unspecified amount as wedding gift. This in fact, also turned out to be the payment for Ben for having lost the bet on who would get married first.
- Both Matt and Ben Affleck spent Father's Day in 2007 with their wives and children together while vacationing in Hawaii.
What better way to celebrate Matt Damon's birthday than watch some of his best flicks with his bestie Ben Affleck. Here are some of those movies:
1) Field of Dreams (1989)
2) Glory Daze (1996)
3) Chasing Amy (1997)
4) Good Will Hunting (1997)
5) Dogma (1999)
6) The Third Wheel (2002)