Preparations are underway to welcome the all-new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, which is expected to go on sale in India next month. The Vitara Brezza was unveiled at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2016 in Delhi.
As auto-lovers wait to hold the steering wheels of the all-new Vitara Brezza compact SUV, here is a round-up of everything you need to know about the new SUV, from its features to the expected price tag.
- To start with, the Vitara Brezza is the first vehicle to be conceived, designed, developed and validated in India by Maruti's R&D team led by Chief Engineer CV Raman.
- The Vitara Brezza will be sold through the regular dealerships of Maruti in India, unlike the Baleno and the S-Cross, which are sold through the Nexa dealerships.
- In India, the new Maruti compact SUV will rival Mahindra TUV 300 and Ford EcoSport.
- At the heart of the Vitara Brezza is a diesel 200 DDis engine that can churn out 88.5bhp of power @4,000 rpm and 200Nm of peak torque at 1,750 rpm, with a five-speed manual gearbox.
- The Vitara Brezza will be offered in six variants â€” LDi, LDi (O), VDi, VDi (O), ZDi, and ZDi+.
- The SUV measures 3,995 mm in length, 1,790 mm in width, 1,640 mm in height, and has a wheelbase of 2,500 mm.
- The bookings for the Vitara Brezza are open for a down-payment of Rs 10,000 to 21,000.
- The Vitara Brezza will be available in both monotone and dual-tone colours.
- The compact SUV will house features like a Smartplay infotainment system, inbuilt navigation, reverse parking camera, keyless entry, auto headlights, cruise control, cooled glovebox, rain-sensing wipers, electric ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, and a front seat belt height adjuster.
- On the safety front, the Vitara Brezza will pack driver airbag as standard, with the base variants getting the optional dual airbags and ABS.