2016 is going to be a busy year for Maruti Suzuki, the country's largest car-maker, as the company is gearing up to launch new models in India. While Maruti Suzuki's much-awaited Vitara Brezza compact SUV is expected to be launched in the next couple of weeks, the Ignis and Baleno RS are waiting for the fall of the festive season to come to the Indian market.
Maruti Suzuki Ignis, a compact crossover, which made its India debut at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2016 in Delhi, is currently in its testing phase in the country. Here we list five things you need to know about the new Ignis.
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700 mm in length, 1,660 mm in width and 1,595 mm in height. It has a ground clearance of 180 mm and comes on a wheelbase of 2,435 mm.
- Powering the Ignis are 1.3L MultiJet diesel engine and 1.2L VTVT petrol engine with five-speed manual gearbox.
- The Ignis is expected to get a price tag between Rs 4.8 lakh and Rs 6.8 lakh.
- In India, the Ignis will rival Mahindra KUV100 and Ford EcoSport.
- The Iginis is expected to house features like projector headlights, OVRMs with turn indicators, 18-inch alloy wheels, rear mounted spoiler and LED headlights.
- The Ignis will be the third model to be sold through Maruti's Nexa premium dealerships, after S-Cross and Baleno.