Lorde (Ella Marija Lani Yelich-O'Connor) celebrates her 19th birthday on Saturday, 7 November, 2015. This singer-songwriter is best known for her hit single "Royals" from her first album "Pure Heroine", which actually put her on the list of big winners at Grammy Awards last year.
There is no doubt, Lorde is one of those amazingly young and multi-talented artists who have been dominating the music charts and made it big in such a short time. So, on her birthday, we decided to bring you some interesting facts, photos and list of melodious songs by this New Zealander.
CLICK HERE to view some rare photos of Lorde.
Here are some surprising things about "the moody" Lorde.
- Lorde never really finished Year Thirteen in school.
- Her nicknames in school were "Dusty", "Casper".
- Lorde was just 13 when she bagged her first recording contract.
- At 14, she was reading and editing her mother's 40,000 words Master's thesis.
- Her number one hit "Royals" was inspired by the likes of Kanye West and Lana Del Rey. And the title was inspired by a picture of former Kansas City Royals baseball great George Brett.
- Lorde's favourite Disney actress was Miley Cyrus as Hannah Montana.
- Lorde's favourite movies include "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory", "Fight Club" and "Take Shelter".
- Surprisingly, Lorde had had never been on an aeroplane before she set off for her first major tour in the US.
- Lorde has immense knowledge about the music in the 80s.
- She was the first female solo artist to top the Modern Rock charts at 17.
- Her mom is an award-winning poet and dad, a civil engineer.
There could be nothing better than listening to the best Lorde songs to celebrate this songstress' birthday.
2) Everybody Wants to Rule the World
3) Tennis Court
6) Tennis Court
7) Glory and Gore
8) The Love Club
9) Swingin Party
10) Still Sane