Son Heung-Min
Son Heung-Min has been impressive for Bayer Leverkusen this seasonReuters

Liverpool are reportedly eyeing a move for Bayer Leverkusen forward Son Heung-Min as manager Brendan Rodgers desperately looks to bring in a new attacker this summer.

The Reds have been pretty disappointing this season and their poor performances is largely due to lack of fire power up front following the departure of Luis Suarez last summer.

Rodgers did bring in the likes of Mario Balotelli and Rickie Lambert to replace the Uruguayan striker, but both the signings have proved to be big flops, with the duo only managing three goals between them this season.

As a result, the Northern Irishman is reportedly desperate to get a new attacker in order to improve his side's chances of competing for silverware in 2015/16.

And according to the Metro, the Reds are considering a move for Bayer Leverkusen forward Son Heung-Min.

The 22-year-old has been in good form this season, scoring 11 goals in 24 appearances in the Bundesliga so far.

Leverkusen are reportedly believed to be looking at a transfer fee of around £15 million for the South Korean.

The transfer fee is not so much considering Heung-Min is still young and likely to improve even further in the future.

With his ability to play in a number of attacking positions, tremendous speed and excellent finishing, Heung-Min is probably what Liverpool are exactly looking for.

However, it remains to be seen whether he will be able to adapt to the physical style of play in England.

Meanwhile, Jordan Henderson feels that Liverpool will have to learn to cope without their captain Steven Gerrard when the midfielder leaves Anfield this summer.

Gerrard, who scored the match winning goal after missing a penalty during the Reds' 2-1 Premier League victory over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday, has already announced that he will be leaving the Reds to join MLS side LA Galaxy at the end of the season.

And Henderson despite admitting that Gerrard's exit will be a big loss for Liverpool, insists that his side need to move on and learn to cope without him.

"I have said many times before he is a big loss to the team: he is our leader and a big influence on games so you will miss big players like that but at the same time we have to move on when he does go," the 24-year-old, who is expected to named the new captain next season, told Sky Sports.

Liverpool are expected to further strengthen their squad this summer, and the former Sunderland man, who recently pledged his loyalty to the club by signing a new long-term deal, feels that the injection of new talent will help the club compete for silverware and qualify for the Champions League next season.

"Obviously bringing in people in the summer we will welcome because the better the players we have here the better it is for us in terms of competition to get into the team and push on and try to win trophies and try to play in the Champions League."

Also read