The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update has finally come to LG G4 on US Cellular, weeks after it was released in South Korea and Europe. Only the Sprint version of the device has received the firmware in the US until now.
US Cellular models of LG G4 should get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update in the next few days. The update started on Monday, according to DroidLife. The report went on to say LG G4 on US Cellular is model US-991 and the update is rolled out as US99120b.
However, it may take some time for the firmware to come to some devices as it will be rolled out in phases. AT&T and Verizon variants of LG G4 may also get the software update soon, now that US Cellular variants have started getting it.
It may be mentioned that some devices like LG Nexus 5 and LG Nexus 5X have already received the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, and other LG devices like the V10, G4, G3 and G Stylo are expected to get the new version soon.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on LG G4 (US Cellular):
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your LG G4 (US Cellular) screen
- Press the "Download" button
- Press the "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to: "Settings" >> "About phone" >> "System updates" >> "Check For Update".