The San Diego Comic-Con is historically the place where many closely hidden secrets about movies and TV series are revealed. The Comic-Con 2015, which ran from Wednesday night to Sunday, did not disappoint in this regard at all.
Here are some of the greatest highlights and biggest revelations from this year's Comic-Con:
- During the "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" panel, director Zack Snyder revealed that unlike in the comics, Gotham and Metropolis are represented as sister cities. Another revelation was that Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) , for the first time, will have hair. Batman is characterised as a middle-aged burnout, whose shortcomings, when it comes to fighting Superman, will also be addressed. A new trailer was also released during the panel discussions.
- At the panel for "X-Men: Apocalypse", which featured the massive cast in its entirety, including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Oscaar Isaac and Jennifer Lawrence, the mutants that will appear as the four horsemen for Apocalypse was revealed: Angel/Archangel (Ben Hardy), Psylocke (Olivia Munn), Storm (Alexandra Shipp) and Magneto (Fassbender).
- Cameron Monaghan, who appeared in "Gotham" season 1 episode "The Blind Fortune Teller", attended the panel in full costume and stole the microphone from a fan who was asking a question, but tackled by a security guard, who dragged him away. Although it was not the first indication that Monaghan's Jerome is the Joker, seeing him in character definitely provided some chills.
- During the panel for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens", Harrison Ford made a surprise appearance, having just recovered from a near-fatal air-plane crash. He choked while speaking about his joy on returning to the role of Han Solo after decades.
- "American Horror Story: Hotel" cast revealed the names of their characters, and Ryan Murphy revealed that Jamie Lee Curtis, who popped her Comic-Con cherry this year, would be "kicking ass and fighting back" in the "Scream Queens" series, fighting "three killers" at once.
- The trailer for "Fear the Walking Dead", a prequel to AMC's "The Walking Dead", was screened, and it was pretty evident that it is set at a time before the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.
- "Outlander" gave audiences an exclusive first look into its "season 2" and according to creator Ronald D Moore, "it's a completely new show".
- "The Flash" panel revealed that the first Flash aka Jay Garrick will appear in season 2 to help Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) defeat Zoom. Meanwhile, it's sister show "Arrow" revealed Oliver Queen's (Stephen Amell) new and improved costume.
- The creator and star of the Hulu animated series "The Awesomes" name-dropped a few celebrities that will appear in the upcoming season 3. Andy Samberg will appear as Sea Man, Billy Eichner as the Gay Father; Chris Kattan as the Shoemaker and Cecily Strong and Aidy Bryant as his Nazi granddaughters, Jack McBrayer as a Cupid-esque baddie named Villain-tine and Vanessa Bayer and Fred Armisen as Prock's parents.
- Toward the ends of a five-minute reel mostly featuring a recap of everything that has happened in "The Originals", the creators added a small conversation between two sinister individuals planning the doom of the Mikaelsons. Now that the family is truly broken, the presence of these two will either cause the end of Mikaelsons for good, or unite them yet again in the face of a new enemy.