Lenovo K3 Note owners in India can now heave a sigh of relief as the much-awaited Android 6.0 Marshmallow update has been rolled out to the device via OTA (over-the-air). The firmware update came more than three months after Lenovo announced that the K3 Note is eligible to get it.
The build number is K50a40_S121_150813_ROW_TO_K50a40_S322_160314_ROW and the update file size is 1,657MB, according to a report by GSMArena.
Anuj Sharma, head of product and marketing, Lenovo Smartphone, India, teased an image of the K3 Note running Android Marshmallow on his Twitter page but didn't reveal launch details.
Lenovo K3 Note was launched in March last year running Android 5.0 Lollipop with Vibe UI. It has a 5.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1,080x1,920 pixels (401 ppi pixel density), a Mediatek MT6752 processor clocking at 1.7 GHz, a 16GB internal memory (expandable up to 32 GB), a 2GB RAM, a 13MP main camera, a 5MP front-snapper and a 3,000mAh battery.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on Lenovo K3 Note:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on the screen of Lenovo K3 Note.
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.
Lenovo is expected to release Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to Lenovo A7000, Lenovo A7000 Plus, Lenovo Vibe S1 and Lenovo Vibe P1 besides the K3 Note.