The Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA (over-the-air) update has been rolled out to Lenovo A7000 in India after months of waiting. The update comes a few weeks after Lenovo K3 Note received it.
The firmware update weighs 1,359 MB and comes with a security patch for the month of March, according to Phone Radar. The report went on to say users of the handset should back up important information prior to the update to ensure they are not lost in case of data loss.
Lenovo A7000 was launched in April last year and runs Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Lenovo Vibe. It sports a 5.5-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 720x1,280 pixels (267 ppi pixel density), powered by a Mediatek MT6752m processor, 8GB internal memory (expandable up to 32GB via microSD card) and 2GB RAM. It also has an 8MP main camera with f/2.2 aperture, autofocus and dual-LED flash, a 5MP front-snapper, and a removable Li-Po 2,900mAh battery.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow via OTA on your device
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to – 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.