South Korean actor Kim Hyun Joong has released new details about the ongoing legal dispute between him and his ex-girlfriend Ms. Choi.
Joong's legal representative Lee Jae Man revealed that a media outlet tried to threaten the actor after his former lover handed over several personal documents to the organisation.
"A' told Kim Hyun Joong's agency Key East that they possessed the documents. 'A' deny that they threatened Kim Hyun Joong but he was told by his agency (Key East) that 'A' has documents related to Choi," said the defence attorney in an interview with MBN Star.
The legal representative even stated that Hyun Joong was worried about the media's possession of those documents. "After he learned [of this], he felt that he was being threatened and attempted to settle by giving 600 million KRW," AllKpop quoted Jae Man as saying.
But a representative for Keyeast Entertainment revealed that the media outlet never threatened them but the company "just thought of it as routine coverage".
Clarifying the statement, Jae Man said, "Key East claims 'A' media outlet never threatened them, but Kim Hyun Joong concluded that what his agency told him held more credibility than what he heard from Choi."
The new revelations were made by Jae Man after Choi filed a lawsuit against her former lover and his defence attorney at Supreme Prosecutors' Office of the Republic of Korea in Seoul.
"Through the suspects' biased assertions which were revealed through the media, the general public's sentiment recognises my client (Ms. Choi) as a 'gold-digger' and 'blackmailer,' and [Kim Hyun Joong] even finished filing criminal charges against my client for suspicions of blackmail, fraud, and the like on July 23 of last year," read the statement released by Choi's representative.