Two times National Award winning actress Kangana Ranaut is currently at the top of the game with back-to-back blockbusters like "Queen" and "Tanu Weds Manu Returns". She is now gearing up for her next release "Katti Batti" alongside Imran Khan.
Apart from being the "Queen" of Bollywood, the actress is known for her bold statements as well. While many find her blunt statements about herself and the film fraternity arrogant, fans love her for not mincing words and fearlessly speaking her mind like a real queen.
Here are some of Kangana's brutally honest statements made during a few interviews.
1) Kangana raised quite a few eyebrows when she made a statement that she is the number one actress of the country and that her contemporaries have had no growth.
"I started from 'B grade films' and today I'm the number one actress of this country... whereas other actresses, whom you might call my contemporaries, they have had no growth in whatever platform they were launched... they are still there and have not risen to another platform," IANS quoted Kangana as saying.
2) In another interview with Filmfare, when asked if she regards any of the B-town actresses as her competitor, she said: "No, not at all! Name one actresses who could've played Datto or done Queen."
3) Recently, Kangana made a blunt comment in an interview with RJ Malishka when she was asked about the concept of good friends in Bollywood. To this, without giving a second thought, Kangana said, "In this industry, 'just good friends' means a f*** buddy who's been slightly promoted."
4) Just before the National Awards announcement, Kangana had voiced her opinion about not receiving the other awards which were being swiped away by Priyanka Chopra for "Mary Kom". "I was supposed to get all the awards. You think we don't come to know beforehand?" Kangana told 9XE.com.
5) In an interview with NDTV Movies.com, the "Krrish 3" actress had spoken about the low phase in her life when people refused to work with her and she thought they are so dumb.
"The industry is like a wave, you need to ride it. I know there are people for who big names matter, but I am not of that thinking, it doesn't matter to me. When I was at rock-bottom, people refused to work with me. And I thought they are so dumb. I am evolved when it comes to these things, but some girls and guys do get carried away by these things. I'm not a conventional person," said the actress.
6) There are also rumours that Deepika Padukone and Kangana are not on good terms. And it was clear in a recent interview with journalist Rajeev Masand when the "Katti Batti" actress mentioned that she is in no mood to be friends with Deepika. Further, hinting about Deepika, Kangana mentioned that she prefers to stay away from some "interfering" bunch of people.