Actor and director Kamal Haasan on Saturday said that the sequel to his controversial film "Vishwaroopam" will be released this year.
Speaking to reporters at a press meet on Saturday, Haasan emphasized that "Vishwaroopam 2" will be released on time without delay unlike its prequel.
The 58-year-old actor also said that many people in the Tamil film industry advised him to continue making atleast one movie a year. He also revealed that he was concentrating on another movie titled as "Moo".
Haasan's latest venture "Vishwaroopam" landed in trouble ahead of its release on 7 February after Muslim groups demanded him to chop certain scenes which were considered anti-religious. The actor made few changes in the ₹95 crore budget movie which finally hit Tamil cinema houses after a long delay. The Hindi version of the movie released worldwide on 1 February.
"My fans in Tamil Nadu are overwhelmingly supporting my movie and it has already been talked as my biggest carrier hit after it opened with a humongous response for three days," said Haasan, IANS reported.
He further added, "Now, that the Tamil version of 'Vishwaroopam' has been released in Tamil Nadu, I am happy that I will not be questioned by my brother and co producer Chandra Haasan."
"Vishwaroopam" features an impressive cast that includes Rahul Bose, Jaideep Ahlawat, Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah and Shekhar Kapur. Haasan, who took up multiple roles of actor, director, writer and producer of the movie, had announced last week that the sequel was in its pre production phase and its shooting would commence soon.
"Vishwaroopam" co-writer Atul Tiwari confirmed that the sequel was in its pre-production phase.
"We have already started working on Vishwaroopam 2, and the scripting for the sequel is on. In fact, while shooting Vishwaroopam, we had already shot some scenes for Vishwaroopam 2," he told The Times of India.