Parth Samthaan
Parth Samthaan accuses producer Vikas Gupta of molestationParth Samthaan/ Twitter

Like Salman Khan, looks like television actor Parth Samthaan is also controversy's favourite child. After the scandalous WhatsApp group controversy, Parth has accused producer and programming head of a Hindi General Entertainment Channel Vikas Gupta of molestation, according to Bombay Times.

Parth lodged a complaint at Versova Police Station in Andheri, Mumbai, and sent a legal notice to Vikas accusing him of molestation, non-payment of dues and threatening him of ruining his career. Versova police later summoned Vikas and recorded his statement.

"Parth accused Vikas of touching him inappropriately on December 7, 2013 and the duo hasn't been friends since then. But soon after this, they were apparently holidaying together in Thailand. Parth has also featured in five shows produced by Vikas, so the non-payment of dues allegation doesn't hold true," a source close to Vikas told Bombay Times.

On the other hand, the "Kaisi Yeh Yaariyaan" actor accused Vikas of asking Rs 50,00,000 as "ransom" amount. However, Parth had earlier said that they were good friends and he is thankful to Vikas for helping him.

"Vikas hasn't cleared my dues of '5,50,000 for 'Pyaar Tune Kya Kiya', a show that I did with him. In fact, he has been asking me to cough up a ransom of '50,00,000. He has also threatened to ruin my career. I have also informed the cops about the same. I have nothing against him except for the fact that he hasn't cleared my dues," Parth told the daily.

The producer remained unavailable for the comment, but his lawyer said that they will file a defamation case against the actor.

"Alleging a producer of attempting to molest and extort money from an actor is bizarre. Vikas will be taking legal action soon. A defamation case is being filed against the Bollywood aspirant," Vikas' lawyer said.

Also read