He showed true passion and a hunger for exploring, but he never wanted to live his life the way he was living, father of Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi, stated just a few days back. It all came to an end last night -- all the sufferings, all the pain and all the hopes.
The passion, with which the 25-year-old French driver lived his life right from the start, came to a standstill the day he suffered a life-threatening crash at the Japanese Grand Prix last year. Today, neither will the passion rise from the ashes nor will the hunger be satiated. Jules is no more.
Formula 1 fans all over the world, as well as the entire F1 fraternity, are in deep shock over the news and are at a loss of words. Condolences are in the air, but nothing more can be done apart from providing his family the solidarity at the moment.
The driver's family announced this morning that their son has succumbed to injuries.
Nine months since that tragedy took place and Jules lied in coma ever since, never regaining consciousness. At times, Jules' father felt that it would have been better if his son had died on the track on that fateful day, than to face the harsh reality of seeing Jules' passion die down in a hospital bed.
Irony, if you call it. But Bianchi Sr will have to admit that this wasn't exactly what he wanted.
A flashback to that fateful day at the Suzuka Circuit on 5 October when a young F1 driver collided with a recovery tractor crane, is hard for any sports fans to take.
On lap 43 of the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix, under intermittent heavy rainfall caused by the approaching Typhoon Phanfone, Marussia's Bianchi lost control of his car and veered right towards the run-off area on the outside of the Dunlop Curve to suffer the unfortunate crash.
The crash turned into a fatal tragedy, resulting in a promising career being cut short.
The first F1 driver from India, Narain Karthikeyan, wrote - "Really Sad news #RIP Jules Bianchi."
Jules' good friend and F1 driver Daniel Ricciardio posted -
McLaren driver Jenson Button tweeted - "Last night we lost a truly great guy and a real fighter #RIPJules my sincerest Condolences to his family and friends."
Toro Rosso's Max Verstappen was also at a loss of words - "Today we have lost an amazing talent and person... Words can't describe our feelings right now. We will all miss you Jules.. #RIPJules"
For motorsport fans around the world, it was just too hard to take.
BBC's F1 journalist Lee McKenzie said -
The huge outpouring of grief from the Motorsport community says it all. Jules Bianchi was a great guy and a huge talent.— Lee McKenzie (@LeeMcKenzieTV) July 18, 2015
Bengaluru FC Media Manager Kunaal Majgaonkar wrote - "Should have been just a pit stop. RIP Jules Bianchi."
Leigh Diffey posted - "Deeply saddened by news of the passing of #JulesBianchi - super talented, super nice young man. It's been 9 months of torture for his family."
Jules will be leaving a huge void in the F1 quarters, and judging by his performance, it can be said that if he was here now, he was sure to become a tough challenger to the likes of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Jules started his career in F1 as a test and reserve driver for Ferrari, and went on to make his Formula 1 debut in 2013 at the Australian Grand Prix. However, tragedy struck just after a year.
Ferrari's former president Luca Di Montezemolo told BBC Sport: "This boy was born with us, and we thought of him as our driver of the future. If - as I think we will have to - we line up with three cars next year, we thought of him for the third car and he would have been perfect for the coming years."