Jim Morrison — one of those ultimate names in the world of rock, this one needs no introduction. Tuesday, 8 December, 2015, marks the 72nd birth anniversary of the greatest poet, songwriter and singer. Best remembered as the lead singer of classic rock band The Doors, Morrison was one of the most influential figures of his time and was admired for his rebellious, notorious behaviour.
On the 72nd birthday of this rock legend, we decided to share with you some of the most inspiring quotes on love, life, poetry and music ever said by Jim Morrison.
- Friends can help each other. A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself - and especially to feel. Or, not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.
- Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the Fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free."
- "I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments."
- "Listen, real poetry doesn't say anything; it just ticks off the possibilities. Opens all doors. You can walk through anyone that suits you."
- "Time to live, time to lie, time to laugh, and time to die. Take it easy baby. Take it as it comes."
- "People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death. At the point of death, the pain is over. Yeah, I guess it is a friend"
- "People are strange when you're a stranger."
- "We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict."
- "Between childhood, boyhood, adolescence and manhood (maturity) there should be sharp lines drawn with tests, deaths, feats, rites, stories, songs, and judgments."
- "A man searching for paradise lost can seem a fool to those who never sought the other world."
- "The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade for a role, you give up your ability to feel and in exchange put up a mask"
- "It's so eternal. As long as there are people, they can remember words and combinations of words. Nothing else can survive a holocaust, but poetry and songs."
- "There are things known and things unknown, and in between are the doors..."
- "Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was: just curiosity."
- "I'm interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos, especially activity that appears to have no meaning. It seems to me to be the road toward freedom."
- "One shouldn't take life so seriously. No one gets out alive anyway."
Intense, isn't it? Well, if that not enough, then let's go down memory lane with the best of Jim Morrison and The Doors.
Check out 10 best The Doors songs.
1) People Are Strange
2) Roadhouse Blues
3) Touch Me
4) LA Woman
5) The End
6) Hello, I Love You
7) Light My Fire
8) Riders on Storm
9) Break on Through
10) When the Music's Over