Jamie Sangouthai
Jamie SangouthaiScreenshot/Youtube

Couple of days ago, the untimely death of Jamie Sangaouthai, who frequently appeared in the Reality show "Khloe and Lamar", was reported and many assumed that it was due to heroin overdose. However, the Los Angeles County Coroner's office and the LA County Department of Medical Examiner have confirmed that he did not overdose on heroin and said Jamie's death was the result of drug-related complications.

Hollywood Life stated that Jamie died of Necrotizing Fasciitis and Chronic Intravenous Narcotism on Sunday, 14 June, after speaking to Lt. Fred Corral from the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner.

"There are two causes: A.) Necrotizing Fasciitis. This is a skin disease and flesh eating disease. And B.) Chronic Intravenous Narcotism. This is associated with dirty needles, injections and drug use," the website quoted Lr Corral from the Los Angeles County Department Of Medical Examiner as saying.

Jamie had reportedly visited a hospital on Tuesday, 9 June complaining of swelling and pain in his left arm, which according to Craig Harvey, Los Angeles County Coroner spokesperson, was due to using intravenous drugs several times a day for several years.

In spite of an emergency surgery conducted on his arm to contain the condition, the infection was so severe that he subsequently died. "He didn't die of a drug overdose," the coroner maintained in his official statement.

The coroner then explained the reason for his death. "After years of using dirty needles, he contracted a skin disease known as necrotizing fasciitis and it literally destroyed most of the skin and muscle tissues in his body and ultimately led to his death." 

Jamie Sangouthai and Lamar Odom were friends since high school and have publicly fought their addicitons together. His best friend's death seems to have affected Lamar deeply and his estranged wife Khloe Kardashian and his former mother-in-law Kris Jenner are trying to help him get over the pain, suggest reports. 

Also read