Speculation around the alleged Samsung Galaxy S III, a follow-up to Samsung Galaxy S II, is spreading like wildfire. In fact, it has been in the news for about a half-a-year now, but Samsung Electronics has not uttered even a word on the alleged next generation smartphone. So, it looks like Samsung Galaxy S III is just a rumour and not real.
Samsung was expected to launch its rumoured Galaxy S III at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2012 in Barcelona, as it is the right event to do so, but didn't happen. Rumours were spreading that it would unveil Galaxy S II Plus but that also didn't happen. Now, reports speculations are doing the rounds that Samsung Galaxy S III will be launch in a couple of months' time.
Interestingly, many websites have revealed the specification of the rumoured next generation smartphone even before the Samsung Electronics has announced it and there is even an unofficial website dedicated to it.
Here are the tech specifications of Samsung Galaxy S III or Samsung Galaxy S3 doing the rounds:
- 6-inch super amoled plus HD screen
- 1.8GHz dual-core exynos processor
- 12-megapixel camera with 1080p@60fps video recording
- 2GB RAM with 32GB built-in storage
- Measure 131 x 64 x 8 mm and weigh 125
- Downlink speed of up to 42Mbps, and 5.76Mbps uplink speed
- Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0